home or Register

community table  /  discussions  /  From the Sea to Your Kitchen  /  Feast of the Seven Fishes
Not a registered user? Join Now!
latest
member recipes
member photos
discussions
Please sign in to post a reply.
Feast of the Seven Fishes

Chiffonade says
Just watched the Holiday Celebration episode online thanks to a link forwarded by a good friend from Pittsburgh. His PBS station aired it but mine in Atlanta did not. LOVED IT! I do the Feast of the Seven Fishes every year for Christmas Eve. I tell my friends "Anyone can come to Thanksgiving, even if I don't know you - but I've got to love you to invite you to Christmas Eve." Of course, all the usual suspects make their appearance in one incarnation or another - but a couple of things do not vary. In the beginning of the meal, a platter of cold cocktail fish is offered. On this platter is what I like to call "Make believe crabmeat" or "Krab with a K." You may wonder why I include such a low-rung fish in this important Feast. My mother (RIP) loved it. We never cooked it, just dunked it in homemade cocktail sauce and that's how I serve it. The other course that does not vary is the final entree - Whole lobster stuffed with lump crabmeat. It brings me back to my childhood and when times were tough, we'd eat hot dogs during the year but my mother would make sure that she, my brother and I would each have our own lobster. I so enjoy preparing this meal and look forward to it all year. Thanks, Lidia, for being such a warm, friendly ambassador for Italian cooking. I mean no disrespect but culinary prowess aside you're everybody's Italian Grandma. Even the blind can see the love you put into food and family. Ciao bella!

December 22, 2011 / 6:42am

Food Books and Dvds Tableware

Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking
Lidia brings viewers on a road trip into the heart of Italian-American cooking.
buy now ›
read more ›

LIDIA'S
Enjoy Lidia's pastas and sauces!
buy now ›

Lidia's Stoneware Collection

buy now ›

recipes, tips, and more!

Becoming a member of the Community Table is easy and free!
Please fill out the required fields below.
*required fields

sign in information
about you

Welcome to the Community Table. Please sign in to
access your recipe box, photos, discussions,
and personal settings.

Forgot password?
Not a member? Join now!

thank you!
Thank you for posting your discussion. Once it has been reviewed by our Lidia's Italy team, it will be posted to the website.

says